French Programme Advisor - South Africa
Vacancy for: French Programme Advisor
Based: Cape Town
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for Programme Advisors to help inspire potential volunteers from France to join one of our projects. You’ll be based in Cape Town, and you’ll work closely with the French Country Director based in France.
The main objective of the position is to increase the number of volunteers on the field and sell our projects with confidence. Our fundamental mission is to answer their questions
sent via e-mail and provide accurate information that will help them choose the placement that matches their profile and needs. The job is busy and can be physically demanding so
you should be prepared to work long hours on a computer and like writing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sorting and answering prospects’ inquiries and giving information about the projects, destinations and the functioning of Projects Abroad as an organisation
- Staying up-to-date on all the projects and programmes we offer
- Speaking to potential volunteers in person and by email, telephone and online chat
- Write and translate web content (news, stories, testimonials, web pages, videos)
- Attend events and give presentations (occasionally)
- Be a university graduate, preferably in marketing or equivalent
- Be fluent in English and a native speaker of French
- Have some sales and marketing experience, including social media marketing experience
- Have CMS and CRM knowledge
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Have spent a significant amount of time working or travelling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in an office environment
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities
- Have an interest in international affairs
This is a permanent position, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply: please complete the online application form and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.