Short Term Volunteer Coordinator - Cambodia
Vacancy for: Short Term Volunteer Coordinator
Based: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
Projects Abroad Cambodia is looking for Volunteer Coordinators to supervise volunteer groups during the months of June, July and August. We are looking for proactive, responsible people.
Your role as Short Term Volunteer Coordinator:
- Visit partner projects in advance of volunteers’ arrival to check arrangements are in place for their stay.
- Pick up volunteers from international airport.
- Inductions with new volunteers to introduce them to their work project and explain formalities of living and volunteering in Cambodia.
- Attend meetings with other staff members to plan.
- Coordinate volunteer groups as requested by the local coordinator or manager.
- The job is busy and can be physically demanding. You should be prepared to work flexible hours on any day, including evenings and weekends.
- Updating volunteer database in a timely manner.
- Accompanying volunteers to the hospital when they are sick.
You should be:
- A Cambodian citizen
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Physically fit and able to pass a medical assessment, if necessary.
- Experienced in a similar role, with at least 1 year's longevity
- Mature in attitude and outlook.
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- An excellent communicator with people of all ages and cultures.
- A team player who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Flexible and able to take direction and accept feedback.
- Friendly and personable with customer service skills, you must respond well to others.
- Enthusiastic to work in a different culture and relish the opportunity to work in a challenging environment.
The successful candidates will be employed on a short-term contract. Start date: early June – End date: late July/early August. An offer of employment is dependant upon receipt of satisfactory references, and two successful interviews.
To apply: please complete the online application form, and upload a CV and Cover Letter.