Volunteer Coordinator - Nepal
Vacancy for: Volunteer Coordinator
Based: Kathmandu, Nepal
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world.
Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to support our Disaster Relief team in Kathmandu for at least 1 year.
Duties and responsibilities of the role:
Working alongside our team of local staff, you will be responsible for making each new volunteer feel welcome and secure in their new environment.
You will also:
- Help maintain effective communication between the team in Kathmandu, the volunteers and the UK office.
- Assist in checking work and accommodation arrangements for volunteers before they arrive in Nepal.
- Conduct inductions with new volunteers to introduce them to their host families and project colleagues and explain formalities of living and volunteering in Nepal.
- Ensure that volunteer issues and concerns are dealt with efficiently.
- Keep senior staff members informed of all volunteer issues and development
- Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information on projects, placements and volunteers are uploaded in our database
- Take part in weekly meetings, do administrative work and occasionally assist with the management of outreach programs
- Help develop projects with the Country Director's guidance.
The job is busy, can involve some out-of-office hours work and can be physically demanding.
You should be:
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Computer literate
- Mature and independent in attitude, and a problem solver
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Culturally sensitive, with strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic to work in a different culture and relish the opportunity to work in a challenging environment
- Physically fit
- A University graduate (preferably but not a requirement)
The successful candidates will be employed on a one year contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references, a criminal record check and a successful personal interview.
Salary and Benefits
Projects Abroad pays a good local salary, international flights, comprehensive travel and health insurance, a single room in shared accommodation and food allowance, as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses.
Please complete the online application form and provide a 2-page CV and a cover letter.
Application Deadline: 23rd July, 2017