Nursing Elective Placements in Morocco
- Placement locations: Rabat
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous nursing training
- Requirements: You must speak French or Arabic to an intermediate level. You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Nursing. If you are not an elective student please go to our standard Nursing project in Morocco page
- Type of placement: Hospitals and health clinics
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 3 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Taking your Nursing Elective in Morocco will ensure that you learn about medical practices in another culture, whilst also helping the local people who depend on the services provided by the hospital or clinic where you will work. You may experience different medical cases than you would be used to at home, and the approach to treatment may well be different. You will gain a lot from your time in Morocco.
Projects Abroad will ensure your placement fulfils the requirements of your elective module. We can liaise with your university if necessary and our in-country staff will be there to support your organisation pre-departure. While you are volunteering in Morocco you will have a dedicated supervisor who will be a trained member of staff.
They will spend time with you so you can discuss specific case studies and you can pose any questions you have about your experience in their medical facility to them. Your work day will normally be from 8am to 4pm when you will be working at the hospital with your supervisor.
Your Role in Morocco
Your role is that of an intern and you will shadow qualified members of staff and your supervisor. By observing the doctors and nurses, you will learn a lot about a wide range of medical conditions and treatments. If you show enthusiasm and initiative, and you develop a good relationship with the medical staff, you may find that you gain enough trust to be given more to do. Where you are placed will depend upon your chosen specialism. Options include dermatology, gynaecology, paediatrics and surgery.
Students should speak a good level of French or Arabic in order to fully participate in the nursing projects.
In your free time, there are plenty of opportunities to socialise with other students, volunteers and local people, as well as lots of travel opportunities. By living with a host family, you will be welcomed into a warm Moroccan home and can use the opportunity to practise your French or Arabic language skills.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the hospital or clinic in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 021 234 8002.