Transition Year Group Trips
Volunteering Abroad as a Group on your Transition Year
For those who would prefer to travel together, we also offer group trips. Whether you are a group of classmates or a Transition Year coordinator, a group volunteer project is a great opportunity for those who want to effect meaningful change and do it with a sense of home. Your group will receive unrivalled staff support before, during and after your tailor-made trip as well as accommodation, food and insurance. Additionally, those who travel in a group will have the added advantage of weekend activities included in their project.
You can be confident that a group trip with Projects Abroad will be a meaningful and structured experience for Transition Year students. Read more about volunteering as a group.
Many groups fundraise for their projects. Fundraising can be fun and students learn valuable skills in the process. If you would like help with this, we can provide you with a fundraising pack full of suggestions and materials. Visit our fundraising page for more details.
What to expect on your Group Trip
Before your group leaves:
- A dedicated trip coordinator for your group
- Presentations and advice to identify your ideal destination, project and dates
- Guidance and support throughout the booking process
- Comprehensive tailored information packs detailing your country and trip
- Fundraising pack
- Medical and travel insurance
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- A Projects Abroad coordinator to support your group
- 24-hour support from Projects Abroad in-country staff and Irish teams
- Comprehensive induction & orientation
- Accommodation with host families or in volunteer apartments, depending on the destination
- Three meals per day
- Access to medical facilities
- Transport between accommodation and project
- Exciting weekend trips
Read about Safety & Security with Projects Abroad.
When your group returns:
- Join our Alumni network. As a student, you will be able to take advantage of our Alumni network's promotional and social events. Returned volunteers form an important part of our team and are invited to join us at fairs and other events with remuneration.