Projects Abroad isn’t just a trip – it’s a lifetime of international relationships where you help the world become a better place. We don’t stop supporting you as soon as you get home, and we always welcome past volunteers to encourage others to try a Project.
As a former volunteer or intern, you automatically become part of a community of nearly 100,000 people just like you: our Alumni Network.
This network of former Projects Abroad volunteers and interns allows you to keep in touch with everyone that you shared your experience with. You can also help encourage others to volunteer, and even pursue opportunities to work with us at home and abroad.
Discounts & Rewards
We give our past volunteers and interns the following discounts:
- A 10% discount when you sign up for another project with us at any time in the future. This goes up to 15% if you sign up within three months of returning home.
- A 50% discount on the deposit to secure your spot on your next project.
- A 10% discount for each volunteer you recommend who signs up with us. This is cumulative, so that means that you could join a project for free - up to a duration of four weeks - if you sign up ten other volunteers. Your friend/s will also receive 5% off their project fee.
Stay in touch and share your story
People often ask us about the best way to keep involved with Projects Abroad, and how to share their story and convince others to take part in a Projects Abroad placement. Here’s what we recommend:
- Share your experience with friends, family, and those around you. Often your enthusiasm, advice, and support will be the deciding factor when they are making the decision to go abroad.
- You can speak to potential volunteers, answer questions and provide valuable advice by joining our Projects Abroad Facebook page
- Potential volunteers often ask to speak with alumni from a specific project or country. We maintain a list of alumni who have agreed to give out their email address to potential volunteers. If you are interested in adding your email to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing a Review about your time overseas is a great way to sum up and reflect on your international volunteer experience. They are also one of the most valuable tools that we can offer potential volunteers and interns. You can view Reviews from other alumni to get an idea of what we are looking for. Please contact us on email@example.com before writing your story.
- You’ll automatically receive our quarterly alumni e-newsletter with updates on our projects and destinations as well as activities available for alumni.
Work for us
We are always looking for people who have been to our Projects to work alongside our staff around the world. One of the things that makes Projects Abroad unique is that many of our staff have first-hand experience of volunteering. Visit our jobs page for more information.