Join us on our Global Gap Year programme, starting every September. This is an incredible opportunity that takes you to five different countries around the world in 29 weeks. At the same time, you’ll become part of ongoing efforts to support local communities.
From construction work in Ghana to Himalayan Mountain Conservation in Nepal, you’ll gain international work experience in a range of fields. It’s a fantastic way to broaden your horizons and learn about global issues before going to university. You’ll encounter different cultures and team up with people to address the challenges affecting local communities.
We take care of all the details, ensuring you have a safe trip, and we provide 24/7 staff support. This means all you need to do is focus on making an impact at your placement. On this group adventure, you’ll have the chance to meet people from around the world and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Is a gap year abroad right for me?
If you are a student interested in the opportunity to:
- Take a break and explore the world before heading to university
- Use your gap year to decide what you want to study and discover what field is a good fit for you
- Become more focused and grow as a person through travel
- Get a deeper insight into global issues and challenges
Then our Global Gap Year programme is for you. It’s a way for you to do something worthwhile and exciting before taking the step to higher education.
You’ll get to travel the world and experience different cultures. As a volunteer, you’ll work to address the needs of local communities while immersing yourself in a new way of life. You’ll gain hands-on experience in a range of different fields, from Conservation to Childcare.
You don’t need any previous experience to join our Global Gap programme. You’ll be supervised by local staff and receive a comprehensive introduction for each placement.
Gap year travel with a group provides you with a great support system and you’ll make friends for life. Our staff are also available to help 24/7 in each country, so that you can enjoy a hassle-free time abroad.
This trip takes place on fixed dates between September and May each year, and is open to all gap year students looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
How does the Global Gap Year programme work?
Our Global Gap Year program is an organised group trip designed for students taking some time out before, during or shortly after university. It is Projects Abroad's most comprehensive program available. Over the course of 29 weeks, you will circle the globe, traveling to 5 countries across 3 continents with a group of like minded individuals. We provide 24/7 staff support in each country and take care of all the details from excursions to volunteer placements. All you need to do is focus on the experience!
The program begins in September and concludes in April. Over Christmas, you will have a short break where you can explore the region more extensively, go on an independent trip or even have your friends and family visit.
Global Gap Year Itinerary:
- 25th September 2021 - 1st October 2021: Global Orientation in Ghana
- 2nd October 2021- 29th October 2021: Childcare and Building projects in Ghana
- 30th October 2021 - 17th December 2021: Choice of project in Tanzania, such as Woman's Empowerment or Maasai school support
- Winter break starts 18th December - 2nd January
- 2nd January 2022 - 29th January 2022: Choice of project in Nepal, such as Medicine, Himalayan Mountain Conservation or Teaching
- 30th January 2022 - 26th February 2022: Micro-finance in Cambodia
- 27th February 2022 - 16th April 2022: Teaching in Peru
Your program fee is all-inclusive and covers:
- Food and accommodation
- All project fees
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Transfers to and from the airport in each country
- All program related transportation
- Various sightseeing tours and activities in each country
- Global Gap Year Program Fee:
The programme fee does not include flight costs, however, we will work directly with you to book all flights for the program.
Please contact us directly for more information or if you would like to sign up for our Global Gap Year programme.
What are the goals of this Global Gap programme?
The main aim of this programme is to give you a rich cultural experience while supporting important community projects across the globe.
We believe in the importance of cultural exchange, which fosters greater understanding of others. On this 28-week trip, you’ll get to encounter people from all walks of life, as you live and work together. It’s an opportunity to learn from other people, share experiences, and make memories that will last for a lifetime.
In each of the countries you visit, you’ll also become part of our ongoing community projects. Each of these projects is designed to address the needs of the local community. From Conservation to Childcare, you’ll be helping to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
Join us on our Global Gap Year programme and gain international travel while giving back as a volunteer on this once-in-a-lifetime trip.