Travel somewhere incredible and have an unforgettable experience. Live in and be part of another community, totally different from your own.
Projects Abroad’s Cultural Immersion Projects will let you step inside a culture. Some of these cultures face threats from the modern world. By working with us, you can learn about them and help protect them for years to come.
We’ve created a range of unique travel experiences where you can switch off from modern life. You’ll work alongside locals to pitch in with their day-to-day lives and the challenges they face. You could spend time in a community centre or school, take a trip to a historical site, or even help farmers with their livestock. It all depends where your personality and skills fit best.
Our previous participants on cultural exchange programmes have gone on to a wide range of careers and experiences, having gained versatile social skills and resilience during their time with us.
Choose a Cultural Immersion Project
1-3 of 8 Projects
Volunteer Community Work in Fiji for TeenagersSee this project
- Fixed dates during school holidays
- This project is only for 15-18 year olds
- From 2 weeks
- From €2,250
Cambodia Gap AdventureSee this project
- Fixed dates throughout the year
- Anyone aged 18 or over can join
- From 8 weeks
- From €4,345
Community Volunteer Work in FijiSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 16 or over can join
- From 1 week
- From €1,845
What will I gain from a Cultural Immersion programme?
Joining a cultural exchange programme like this gives you skills that prepare you for your next stage of education and career, as well as broadening your life experience.
Here are just some of the benefits that our previous participants talk about:
- Soft skills like teamwork, communication, leadership, resilience, organising, planning, and time management.
- Practical work experience in a unique environment.
- The ability to work and empathise with people of different cultures and backgrounds, helping to develop a ‘global mindset’.
- Confidence from pushing past your comfort zone.
All of the above will enhance your CV, UCAS applications, and your personal development.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: