Fight for women’s rights as a volunteer abroad. In many countries, women are marginalised and are often raised without the ability to speak up. They’re discriminated against in various areas with many women never receiving basic education. Without the opportunity for skills development, women and their families end up in a continuous cycle of poverty.
We believe that education is the key to change. When you join one of our women’s rights volunteer opportunities, you’ll promote gender equality in communities and empower young girls and women as a volunteer abroad.
On our women’s empowerment projects abroad, you can:
- Run skill development classes for local women
- Promote gender equality among children at schools and in the community
- Raise awareness about the importance of women’s empowerment
By providing women with the necessary skills to succeed, you’ll open up a future with more opportunities. You’ll help alleviate the poverty cycle and create a more secure future for both women and children around the world.
Choose a Women's Empowerment Project
1-3 of 4 Projects
Take a Gap Semester Abroad in East AfricaSee this project
- Price: €4,845 for 6 weeks
- Extra Weeks: €450
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Minimum Duration: 6 weeks
- Age: 17-24
Women's Empowerment Project in India for Volunteers over 50See this project
- Price: €2,140 for 2 weeks
- Extra Weeks: €440
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Minimum Duration: 2 weeks
- Age: 50 or over
Women's Empowerment in TanzaniaSee this project
- Price: €1,895 for 1 week
- Extra Weeks: €340
- Start Date: Completely flexible dates
- Minimum Duration: 1 week
- Age: 16 or over
What will I gain on a women’s empowerment project abroad?
As a volunteer promoting female empowerment abroad, you’ll make a real difference in the lives of marginalised women while developing your own skills.
This international work experience will strengthen your CV and give you many interesting topics to discuss with future employers and university recruiters. Here are just a few things you’ll gain:
- Soft skills like teamwork, leadership, resilience, organising, planning, and time management.
- Practical work experience for your CV to help you break into a competitive sector
- The ability to work and empathise with people of different cultures and backgrounds, helping to develop a ‘global mindset’
- Confidence from pushing past your comfort zone
All of the above will enhance your CV, UCAS applications, and your personal development.
Why does empowering women abroad matter?
In many countries around the world, women are marginalised and not provided with the same opportunities as their male counterparts.
Women aren’t granted the same rights as men. Poverty creates a vicious cycle, where families don’t feel like they can afford to educate girls, since males are the primary breadwinners.
The lack of education creates a situation where women are dependent on their men and have a hard time making a living. When women have skills and earn a sustainable income, they also gain independence, respect and a voice in society.
Empowering women and promoting gender equality is a way to reduce poverty and invest in both children and women. Gender equality is crucial to the future growth and progress of many developing countries. On a women’s empowerment project in Africa for example, you’ll help budding female entrepreneurs build and maintain their businesses, or educate women on their human rights.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: