Take your learning to the next level by joining a medical internship abroad with us. We offer ethical medical projects, and you can choose which country you work in.
On a global medical project with us, you can expect to:
- Learn from local doctors, nurses, and professional healthcare workers
- Participate in healthcare outreaches
- Experience a healthcare system that is different from your home country
- Learn important medical skills, like checking vital signs or blood pressure
- Meet interns from all over the world
- Boost your CV with real-world medical work experience
We also offer:
- Medical Electives for students in medical school
- High School Special Projects for 15-18 year olds that want to get medical work experience
Our projects are flexible, and we have professional in-country staff available to support you whenever you need it.
Choose a Medical Project
1-3 of 26 Projects
Medical Internships in Nepal for TeenagersSee this project
- Fixed dates during school holidays
- This project is only for 15-18 year olds
- From 2 weeks
- From €1,950
Medical Internship for Teenagers in Sri LankaSee this project
- From 2 weeks
- From €2,100
Medical Internship in KenyaSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 16 or over can join
- From 1 week
- From €1,845
What will I gain from a medical placement abroad?
During your time abroad, you’ll gain skills that will prepare you for your next stage of education and career. Expect to:
- Enhance your soft skills like teamwork, communication, leadership, resilience, organising, planning, and time management
- Gain more in-depth medical work experience than you might get in your home country. Concerned about how much you can benefit from your project if you don’t have previous medical experience? Read our blog about volunteering abroad without experience
- Develop the ability to work and empathise with people of different cultures and backgrounds, helping to develop a global mindset
- Boost your confidence from pushing past your comfort zone
Medical volunteering will enhance your CV, UCAS applications, and your personal development.
How are our Medicine & Healthcare Internships different?
At Projects Abroad, our first aim is to benefit the communities we work in. You can be assured that your medical internship is ethical, well supported, and part of a better future. Here are just a few elements of our work that set it apart from other internships:
Recording our work in a secure database
We created a Global Impact Database so we can track the positive impact our projects have, including our medical projects. This is a secure and anonymous database that we use to identify specific areas of need. It allows us to use data to shape medical outreaches and health awareness programmes. We can also monitor individuals we see often, report our results, and collect data for research. All of this work is guided by our Management Plans.
Real work with trained professionals
On our medical placements, you’ll work alongside real healthcare professionals. You can observe them in their everyday work, ask questions and hear more about their experiences. You’re likely to get more insights into the frontline of medical care than in your home country.
A tailored approach
We are often able to tailor a medical internship to your interests. You can work in more than one department or focus on one particular area, or experience outreach work in the local community.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: